Prairie View

Monday, November 24, 2008

Quote for the Day 11/24/2008

Iowa Farm Boy Turned Surgeon (to my mother, about how the bone is kept in a good position for healing after open heart surgery) : We used to use baling wire, but we've found something that works a little better.

This baling wire reference shows me that he's telling the truth about his farm background. No city dude would think of joking about baling wire in the lead-up to open heart surgery.

Surgery is scheduled to begin at 7:30 AM today, in less than an hour. Please keep Mom and all of us in your prayers.

It's a wonderful time to be part of a large family and a caring church and community, with a host of praying friends in places near and far.

1 Comments:

  • I've been thinking of you and praying....my dad had triple bypass surgery a number of years ago. He is doing well now and I hope and pray the same for your mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home