Prairie View

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Longevity in My Genes

I'm really not sure if my title is defensible, but I've been reflecting recently on the fact that my father's parental family is noteworthy in that all twelve children born to Levi D. and Clara (Nisly) Miller still survive, with the youngest now having turned 70. The oldest will be 86 this year. Their father lived to be 84, and his father was 96 when he died.

To be sure, all of my aunts and uncles show signs of advancing age, but among them are a number whose wit and wisdom is as lively as ever. Several are still active as ministers, and several are former teachers who still slip easily into the role in various capacities. My three aunts are jolly companions to each other whenever they're together.

When I am 70 or 86, I hope to be as well preserved as they are.

1 Comments:

  • Me, too. But I guess - I hope - you'll get there first. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home